Most car users experienced problems where the car vibrated every time they start the engine or even while driving on the road.
Nevertheless, most drivers tend to neglect the signs, especially those who are not familiar with cars. Here, we will share to you the 5 main reasons that caused your vibrated.
1. Engine Problem
1. Engine Problem
Sometimes, the vibration occurred for the engine section due to the air, fuel and fire spark needed are insufficient to allow the car moves smoothly. The vibration symptoms to show that it happened due to the engine problem can be detected through;
• The car jerked while accelerating
• The car vibrated while passing through the rumble strip
• The car starts and operates smoothly but later begin to vibrate.
The problem can be solved by changing to a new spark plug. Unless, the current spark plug is still in a good condition, try to check the wiring system, whether it is connected correctly or need to be replaced. Dirty air filter or clogged oil filter could also block the air or fuel entering the engine.
2. Axle Problem
A vehicle has many rotating parts that require certain projections or tolerances to ensure it can function properly. Damaged to the axle usually happened due to accident which cause the vehicle to have vibration problems especially when it accelerates.
• Inspection on the driveshaft. For rear wheel drive (RWD), majority of the rotating parts function to switch the engine power to the rear axles and wheels. If it is bent, vibration would occur.
• Inspection on the constant velocity (CV) joint. The car shouldn't be problematic if the rubber boot that close the end of the axle remain steady, clamping it securely with no fluid leaks. However, if the boot is torn, dust and dirt will enter and damage the joints.3. Brake Failure
Does the vibration happened when you pressed the brake? If yes, most probably the problem come from the brake rotors. Rotor is a shiny silver disc shape component assembled with a disc brake system.
The component can be bent or changed from its original shape due to the span and driving style. The increase of rotor temperature and damages could occur from the extreme heat produced by constantly pressing the brake while driving.
Caliper and brake pad failure to grip the motor properly when the rotors are damaged, hence producing vibration. You will need to consult with the brake expert to know the condition of your rotors and drum brake.
4. Wobbly Wheels
The car vibration can be feel directly from the steering wheel might be due to the alignment. The safest methods to overcome the wobbly wheels problem are:
• Ensure that all wheels are fastened securely to its hub with properly torqued lug nuts.
• Replace the bearing wheel. A vehicle has a risk of having bearing problem when it is drive on off-road passage, under extreme driving or long-distance journey.
• Identify if runout occurred to any wheels that exceeds half inches by using a precision instrument.
Other reasons of wobbly wheels include the tie-road ends or ball joints which can caused vibration when driving at a high speed.
5. Tyre Problems
Tyres could be the main reasons why vibration occurred since it is a major component of a vehicle's movement. There are many common tyre problems:
• The car vibrate at certain speed means that the car need tyres balancing.
• Tyres have separated tread means that tyres replacement is needed.
• Uneven tyres wear means tire rotation is needed.
• Tyres are not fully round and roll unevenly means that tyres replacement is needed.
If you still hesitate on the main reason why vibration happened, the best thing to do is to get consultation from a professional mechanic. Watch out for potholes or sloppy roadworks as it can be a hazard to your wheels.
Enjoy hassle-free car service with Serv
Call / Whatsapp: 018-210 8110